How to remove varicose veins in the legs?
Varicose veins can become a serious health problem if the necessary preventive measures are not taken to avoid their appearance. Even for many women they are a great aesthetic problem. Therefore, it is important that you know about the existence of different remedies that you can use to remove them and show off your legs with pride.
Varicose veins or better known as varicose veins, are dilations that occur in the veins generated by circulation. They commonly appear in the lower extremities, where they become more visible, but they are also located in areas such as the stomach, esophagus, hemorrhoids and, if not treated in time, they could lead to venous insufficiency with risky consequences for your health.
Among the main symptoms that may appear as a result of this disease, we have:
– Edema at the ankles.
– General pain in the lower extremities.
– Sensation of heaviness in the legs, like pressure.
– There is an alteration in the tone of your skin, becoming darker.
– Appearance of superficial veins.
Types of varicose veins
Varicose veins in the legs go through different stages, which gives rise to several types depending on their severity:
Spider veins or telangiectasias. They are those fine veins that appear on the legs at a superficial level, which can take on various shades, from a blue color, through a purplish tone, to a reddish color. In general, they do not cause any symptoms that attract attention and do not cause pain, and can become a small aesthetic problem, since they are more visible veins in the legs than normal.
Reticular varices. These varicose veins have a medium diameter and are blue-green in color. In addition, they can be easily seen on the skin, causing some discomfort, although they do not cause any type of complication.
Trunk varicose veins. These are more serious, because their size is larger, the dilations are prominent and very high, being observed with the naked eye when the person is standing. These varicosities are capable of producing venous insufficiency in the patient, which could be complicated to the point of generating thrombophlebitis, which favors the appearance of other skin disorders, such as fibrosis, changes in its color, ulcers, among others.
What is its appearance due to?
Varicose veins usually appear mostly in the female population and the cause can be different factors. In some cases, there is a possibility that the person has inherited the disease, due to a genetic factor. In other cases, it is due to excesses in habits or life patterns.
This problem occurs because the valves responsible for facilitating the rise of blood through the legs begin to fail, preventing it from going down again. In this sense, since there is no efficient and correct pumping of the blood, it remains accumulated and parked in place, which produces an increase in pressure on the veins and dilation of the varicose vein. As a consequence, those annoying veins appear that try to lower the pressure in the system.
How to avoid varicose veins?
Being a health and aesthetic problem, you should take into account some remedies for varicose veins that could help you avoid their appearance, especially if you have a genetic predisposition for them to appear. It all starts with good nutrition and healthy lifestyle habits.
In this context, specialists recommend avoiding those foods that cause fluid retention or that are capable of generating dilation of the veins, as is the case with excessive consumption of salt, spicy foods, chocolate, alcohol, coffee, saturated fats, tobacco, among others. other products that are harmful to your health.
If you already have varicose veins, then the treatment should be aimed at slowing their progression, so it is recommended to exercise, avoid constipation, avoid wearing high heels, walk on tiptoe as a foot exercise, shower your legs with cold water, reduce salt intake, sun exposure, lose weight, among others.
There are several ways to effectively remove varicose veins, either through laser treatments or surgery. In the case of the laser procedure, it is a type of treatment for varicose veins that is usually very expensive and, in some cases, quite aggressive for the skin.
Now, if you prefer to opt for surgery, we recommend the operation of varicose veins in social security where they will help you improve the appearance of your veins without having to spend a lot of money. Also, you can look for natural solutions to prevent varicose veins or to treat the swelling and pain they cause.
5 natural remedies to eliminate annoying varicose veins
Next, we are going to give you some home remedies that can be very useful in the treatment of varicose veins, because you can do them from the comfort of your home and they are natural:
1. Essential oils: Among the home remedies for varicose veins, it is appropriate to mention essential oils, because they are highly beneficial in combating this disease. For example, rosehip oil or those made from lavender, chamomile or rosemary are essential oils that are effective in reducing the swelling caused by varicose veins.
2. Massages on your legs: If you want to eliminate varicose veins effectively, remember to massage your legs in order to activate blood circulation and improve its flow, preventing blood from accumulating in the vessels.
3. Clay: This product has astringent properties that contribute to the improvement of circulation, which influences the relief of inflammation caused by varicose veins. You can use the clay as a mask to cover your legs and leave for a few minutes.
4. Physical exercise: Trying to exercise and maintain an active life can help you eliminate varicose veins, because movement allows you to keep the cardiovascular system working, which prevents the appearance of this disease, especially in the leg area. For example, with some Chiruca boots, according to the positive opinions of users, you could go on walks and long runs to activate your blood circulation.
5. Compression stockings: This technique is quite effective in eliminating the problem of varicose veins and is widely used. This is because these stockings exert a gentle and constant pressure on the legs, reducing venous inflammation and providing better support to the walls of the blood vessels. In this way, the valves work better and the blood circulates more easily.
We hope that these tips will be very helpful for a better understanding of this disease and to be able to select the most appropriate treatment according to the state of your varicose veins.