What is a lash lift?
The lifting for eyelashes is a procedure that allows you to lift them, without running the risk of them falling out. It does not use synthetic hair and its objective is to raise the curvature of the eyelashes, providing a lengthening effect that enhances your look, being highly recommended by beauty specialists.
This eyelash treatment is fast, it does not cause any pain, it can last around two months and no synthetic hair is used in its application, since the procedure is done on the hair of your eyelash itself. Also, many celebrities use it to enhance their look; even athletes with ice skates, to look perfect in their presentations, use makeup that stands out in their attire, which includes spectacular eyelashes.
So, if you are tired of using permanent false eyelashes to highlight your look, in this post we are going to clarify some doubts about the eyelash lift and its advantages; how the treatment is performed, among other tips and suggestions so that you have a good beauty experience.
What is the lash lift about?
As we have already said, it is a cosmetic treatment that consists of applying a gel designed exclusively for lifting, in combination with special silicone pads that adapt to the eyelid comfortably, applying the gel from the root of the eyelash to the tip., which raises the curvature of the hair fiber for a very striking stretching effect.
With the lifting, your natural eyelashes will look longer and denser, without having to place extensions, because this treatment provides greater thickness and length to each hair, no matter how short it is.
Advantages of this beautification technique for eyelashes
Among the main characteristics and advantages of this eyelash treatment, we can highlight the following:
– This treatment lasts between 45 and 60 minutes in its application.
– It can be applied in women and men, who want to obtain more curved and longer eyelashes in a natural way, without synthetic additives.
– Its price is quite affordable, because depending on the aesthetic center where you do it, the cost varies. In addition, in many cases, the offers also include dye in case you want your hair to have more color, as well as keratin lash lamination, which is applied after the lifting to hydrate and seal the lashes.
– This procedure is non-invasive and lasts about two months.
– With this technique, you do not need to perform maintenance or fillers, as in the case of extensions, since the lifting remains intact for as long as it takes for the hair to grow.
– If you think that the lifting damages the eyelashes, then you should know that this is not the case, this treatment does not deteriorate them in any way and with its application they will not fall out, as occurs with other procedures.
Steps to follow in the application of eyelash lifting:
This procedure is simple and does not take much time to apply. The first thing that the aesthetic professional should do is clean the entire area where the product will be applied, to eliminate possible makeup or dirt residues and select the silicone-based mold that best suits the shape of your eyelash.
Next, the silicone is fixed on the upper eyelid and near the root, applying a glue specially formulated for the skin. Afterwards, the lifting gel is applied hair by hair, in this case, the upper eyelash should be attached to the silicone pillow and the product should be left for a few minutes for it to take effect.
After this time, the product is removed and a gel with a neutralizing effect is applied, which should also be left for a few minutes and then carefully removed. If you are going to apply eyelash lifting and tinting, the tint should be applied at this time, leaving it for a few minutes and then removing the excess using a cotton pad.
Finally, the silicone base is delicately removed and the eyelashes are combed with a special brush called “goupillón”, which is very similar to the one used in the application of mascara.
5 signs of a botched lash lift
Next, we are going to tell you about 5 signs that show that the applied treatment was not done correctly:
1. If after day one of application your eyelashes look broken, it is because the product used in the procedure was not of good quality or the amount that was applied was excessive.
2. If your lashes look bent at the tips, it’s a sure sign that you had a bad lash lift, because they were burned by the chemical. In this case, it is recommended to try to separate each hair with the special brush that they will give you at the end of the procedure, to see if they are just disheveled or if your eyelashes were damaged.
3. It is not normal for your eyelashes to be disheveled after the treatment, if this happens it is possible that they have not been properly arranged from the beginning, so they will look disheveled and shapeless.
4. It is important that, before leaving the cosmetic center, you thoroughly clean any residue of glue that could be stuck around your eyelashes, since in theory you should not get them wet for at least 24 hours after treatment.
5. Keep in mind that the products used in the lifting should be hypoallergenic, so it is not normal if you suffer from burning eyes or redness in this area after the treatment. If you feel burning in the area since you started applying the product, demand that they stop immediately, because you are probably suffering from an allergic reaction.
In short, if you are thinking of applying this beauty procedure to have longer and more striking eyelashes, it is important to go to a center specialized in its application to avoid any inconvenience. In addition, you must verify that the lash lift and products used for its application are of good quality, which could prevent allergic reactions, considering that they will be placed in the eye area. So, it is not just about curling eyelashes or adding an eyelash and eyebrow serum during your facial cleansing routine, it is a procedure that must be done by professionals in aesthetic centers certified by public health authorities.