How to make eggnog Preparation time10 min Number of people: 4
- 1 pinch of cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 strip of lemon peel
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 3 cups of milk
- 4 egg yolks
- Wine glasses
The eggnog, as the traditional Christmas punch is also known, is the favorite drink for many during that time of year. However, some people drink it on other holidays. Next, know the steps to prepare this delicious drink. The first thing you should do is separate all the ingredients into containers. These are easy and cheap to get at any supermarket.
– Once you have all the ingredients, you must place two cups of milk together with the lemon peel and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat. Next, beat the egg yolks and half a cup of sugar.
– Then, when the milk is hot, add it to the yolks that you previously beaten and start stirring until everything is mixed well. It is important that these ingredients are compacted. Also, don’t let the milk boil.
– Subsequently, place the mixture again over medium heat and continue beating until it thickens, without letting it boil.
– The next step to follow for the punch recipe is to remove the mixture from the heat, add the rest of the milk and continue stirring. Then, put the mixture in a bowl and let it cool to room temperature.
– Also, boil water in a saucepan in a bain-marie. Add two tablespoons of sugar and the egg whites; you will have to beat everything until the sugar dissolves. Next, remove the saucepan from the heat. Keep in mind that the egg whites must be on the verge of snow. Once they are ready, add them to the preparation.
– Finally, let cool and serve the American punch in a wine glass, if you wish you can add a cinnamon stick or its powdered presentation on top. In addition, you can accompany the drink with some delicious Christmas cookies, honey or syrup.
Also, another way to decorate could be with cream or whipped milk foam. Lay out a cutout star template for cocoa sprinkles. Also, add a Christmas candy cane and you’ll give your punch presentation a seasonal look, making a good impression on your guests.
– If you want to make the recipe with alcohol, follow the same steps, but at the end when the mixture is ready add two tablespoons of whiskey and 2/3 cup of white rum. Then, serve the punch in a wine glass of your choice.