Baked pork tenderloin in sauce
How to make pork tenderloin Preparation time45 minCooking time30 min Number of diners: 4
- Pork tenderloin: 1 piece
- Onion: 1 large piece
- White wine: 60ml
- Olive oil: 60ml
- Pepper mix: to taste
- Salt to taste
- Thyme: 1 pinch
- Cornstarch: 1 tablespoon
- Cooked potatoes
When we want to surprise the guests, the sirloin is an excellent option. Because it is a muscle that works little, by definition, it is a very tender, nutritious and pleasant-tasting piece. Also, depending on the size of the tenderloin and the number of your guests, you can cook it in a mini oven, which is even more practical.
So that you can succeed without major problems, among the many pork tenderloin recipes out there, we have chosen this one that is very easy to prepare and pleases almost any palate. Without further ado, let’s get to know her.
1) Start by gathering all the ingredients. Preheat the oven to a temperature of 150ºC and, while this happens, make sure to eliminate the fatty tissue that the sirloin piece could have.
2) Continue cutting the onion into thin julienne strips, then pour the wine and olive oil over them. Make sure you use a pan that is deep enough to contain all the cooking juices.
3) Now, arrange the sirloin over the julienne strips and season the meat on top with the thyme, salt and pepper mixture.
4) Take the tray to the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
5) After this time, remove the tray and turn the piece over. In this way, you will be able to brown it on both sides and it will be juicy on the inside, which will give it a better texture. Don’t forget to season the section that is now facing up.
6) Return the tray to the oven to cook for another 15 minutes. At the end of the time, it is important that you check the internal cooking level of the piece, since, if it is very thick, it may require more baking time. You can pierce the meat and check if red juices continue to come out of the interior, in which case, you should leave the tenderloin longer in the oven, checking from time to time.
Now, we are going to prepare the sauce that will accompany the meat, which is obtained from the onions and the juices that have been released from cooking.
7) Remove all the onion and juices from the tray, to take them to the blender and process them until obtaining a homogeneous texture.
8) Pour the mixture into a saucepan and add the cornstarch, previously dissolved in a couple of tablespoons of cold water. Cook this mixture for a couple of minutes, until the cornstarch turns transparent.
9) Finally, you should only serve the tenderloin cut into medallions and accompanied by the potatoes. Add a little sauce on the meat and voila! You will have a delicious baked pork tenderloin with potatoes.
This same preparation is valid for making baked beef tenderloin, you just have to increase the cooking time to 25 minutes on each side, since the meat can take longer to cook.