Potato recipe with cod
Potato stew with cod
Stewed potatoes with cod – traditional recipe Preparation time1 hourCooking time40 min
- 4 cod fillets
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 splash of olive oil
- 1 round onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- Fish soup
- 8 leaves of parsley
Description of the steps to follow for the recipe
If you are wondering how to make potatoes with cod, you will be interested to know that it is a simple preparation.
- The first thing you should do is take an electric or pressure cooker, pour a stream of olive oil into it and wait for it to heat up.
- Then, introduce the cod loins so that they are sealed, so you must expose them to the heat on both sides.
- Remove the fish and, on top of the oil used previously, place the onion, garlic, paprika and tomato, which must previously have been chopped into very small pieces. It is important to constantly stir these ingredients to prevent them from burning.
- While the peppers and natural seasonings brown, you can peel and cut the potatoes into asymmetrical wedges, to then add them to the pot and impregnate them with the flavor of the mincemeat.
- Afterwards, it is necessary to pour the fish broth, stir and leave to cook for a period of time from 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the type of pot used. Remember that the goal is for the potatoes to acquire a soft consistency, but not waste, so the person will have to stay alert and monitor the development of cooking. Otherwise, the potatoes with fish will end up being a puree.
- After the time established for the preparation of the tuber, you will have to release the lid, lower the temperature of the fire or the heat level of the pot, if it is electric.
- In this way, you can proceed to carefully incorporate the four cod loins which, in turn, must be stirred a little, so that they are submerged in the broth and the two flavors merge, that is, that of the potatoes. and the fish.
- At the end of this step, it only remains to let the fish stew cook for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, to cease exposure to heat. Later, you can serve the dish and decorate it with some parsley leaves and, thus, surprise your guests.
However, culinary experts recommend letting this recipe for potatoes with cod rest for at least an hour in the pot at room temperature. In this way, the flavors will make a greater integration with each other and will intensify.