Recipe of tomato soup
homemade tomato soup
How to make tomato soup Preparation time50 minCooking time40 min
- Ripe tomatoes (800 grams)
- Carrot (1)
- fresh basil
- medium onion (1/2)
- garlic cloves (2)
- Vegetable broth or water (200 ml)
- Wheat flour (1 tbsp)
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Sugar (optional)
- Feta cheese (As decoration)
A tomato cream can be considered a preparation that grandma would make and, for that reason, many people are looking for the recipe, as it is a healthy and iconic dish that can also be eaten in different ways.
Whether you want a cold tomato soup or a hot tomato soup, the preparation will be the same, so you just need to have the ingredients and get down to work to get the result you want.
1) To start, you will need to take the onion, the garlic cloves and the carrot, and peel each vegetable. When finished, cut the onion and garlic into thin strips and chop the carrot into small pieces.
2) As a second step, heat a pot over medium heat and add the oil to cook the previously cut vegetables. Allow everything to brown, stirring the ingredients to prevent them from sticking. This should take about 5 minutes.
3) When the vegetables are golden brown, lower the heat and add a little water.
4) Continue with the wheat flour, adding a tablespoon to the pot and start mixing with the vegetables. Move everything for about 1 minute. This is important to make the soup thick.
5) To continue you must remove the skin from the tomatoes and also remove their seeds. For this you can use the traditional method of cutting crosswise and take them to boiling water and then peel them, or you can wash them and place them in a food processor to crush them.
Regardless of how you do this, you’ll need to strain the tomatoes afterwards to avoid any skin or seed remains.
6) Add the broth or water, whichever you have chosen, along with the tomatoes. Also, add about 4 finely chopped basil leaves along with the salt and sugar. The amount of salt you add is up to you and the seasoning you enjoy. Also, using sugar is optional.
7) Raise the temperature or the flame and mix for a while until you notice that it begins to boil. At this point, lower the flame and let the soup cook for 30 minutes.
8) When the soup is ready, try it to see if you need to rectify something and turn off.
9) Carefully pour the contents of the pot into a blender or food processor to grind everything again, achieving the desired texture.
If it is very thick, add a little water and, if it is very liquid, heat it again for a few minutes until it reaches the consistency you are looking for.
10) After this step, it is ready to serve, therefore, pour the content on a plate and decorate to your liking. Remember that if you prefer your soup cold, you will only have to wait a while to serve it.
That way you will be ready to taste a delicious soup, which you can eat as you wish.