Recipe of vegetable soup
How to make vegetable soup
Vegetable broth – Grandma’s recipe Preparation time45 minCooking time20 min Number of diners: 8
- 1 onion
- 2 sticks of celery
- A dash of olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pepper to taste
- 2 garlic joints or leeks
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 cabbage or cabbage
- 1 bag of fresh spinach or Swiss chard
- Vegetable broth in pill form or frozen (optional)
- To start, proceed to wash and cut the vegetables into squares or julienne according to your preference. Keep in mind that, although it may seem like a lot, it is not so, when cooking vegetables they reduce their size quite a bit.
- Next, place a skillet over medium heat and pour in the olive oil. Once hot, add the onion, celery, leek or leek, salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring, until cooked through or onion turns translucent. In this way, you get a base with marked flavor.
- Now, in a medium saucepan place the previous preparation and add the previously cut carrots, spinach or chard and cabbage. Top with water or frozen homemade vegetable broth. To enhance the flavor, you can help yourself with a commercial stock cube and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring the preparation from time to time and adjusting the salt if necessary.
- Once the vegetables turn soft, it is an indication that your soup is ready. Our recommendation is to serve it hot to enjoy it alone or accompanied by the complement of your choice.
We do not want to forget to mention that the cooking time of this soup will be less in a butane gas stove, since they are efficient, easy to use, contribute to energy savings and, therefore, to your budget. Likewise, once all the vegetables have been placed, while they are cooking, it is time to plan the purchase of that guitar stand that you have always wanted to have your instrument at hand and take some time to relax with a melody.
Also, it is convenient to note that this vegetable soup, in addition to being tasty, is nutritious and you can even enrich it, even more, with other low-calorie vegetables, but with a high content and nutritional value. Thus, a convenient recipe for both vegans and to include the intake of vegetables in the smallest of the house.
Finally, we recommend using fresh seasonal vegetables for your comfort and economy. And, if you don’t know how to make vegetable broth, you should know that you just have to add more water to your preparation. In this way you will be able to reserve enough liquid, not only to speed up your preparations, but also to provide your family with healthy dishes with the taste of grandma.