When the time comes to make a change in our kitchen and we have some doubts that prevent us from choosing the model we want, we must analyze each one of the advantages that an induction or glass-ceramic cooker can provide us or if we should keep the one we have gas that has worked well for us so far.
Before making any decision, you need to verify your needs
This is the first recommendation with which we will begin our article, since it is necessary for you to evaluate what you need in your kitchen to select a model that can meet your expectations. In other words, if you have a conventional gas stove and what you want or need is to save as much as you can, the change you long for is a stove with induction hobs or one with a ceramic hob, since these products are economical and have a low cost. consumption, but you also have to take into account how much you can invest.
You can find both stoves with induction hobs and those with glass-ceramic hobs in various brands and models, but there are some that you will also get on the market with low prices and others not so much, so the amount to invest plays a very important role. important when making changes in the kitchen.
Therefore, we recommend that you first evaluate the amount you plan to invest so that you have a little more freedom when deciding on a specific model.
In addition to this, if what you want is to maintain your gas kitchen system, but you want to reduce consumption, we recommend the following:
- After cooking, clean the burners.
- Buy cookware that heats quickly and evenly.
- Use pots and pans suitable for what you are going to prepare.
- Cover the pots when you are cooking so that the steam reduces the cooking time.
- Control the temperature of each burner according to what you are preparing. That is, if you are going to boil water, put it on medium heat to make it faster, since you will spend less compared to selecting low heat.
- Make use of pressure cookers when you cook meats, vegetables, soups and other foods that require more than 1 hour of cooking.
- Cook enough so you can eat multiple times.
With these tips that we have given you, you can reduce gas consumption by 20% or more depending on the number of people you live with.
What is a glass-ceramic stove?
This is a product that uses a glass and ceramic surface to heat different cookware. In addition, it has sensors that warn that the plate is hot, so you can reuse the remaining heat to heat up some food quickly.
What are the advantages of using a kitchen with ceramic hob?
- There are a variety of models to choose from, so you can select one according to its dimensions, the decoration of the walls and the other electronic devices in your kitchen.
- Most of these products are electric, which will allow you to enjoy low energy consumption. However, there are also some models that are hybrid, which will benefit you with a reduction of up to more than 20% of natural gas or butane.
- Most models on the market have a time control system that will turn off the stove automatically, allowing you to prevent food from overcooking, burning and saving electricity depending on the model you have.
What is a kitchen with induction plates?
These are completely smooth surfaces similar to glass ceramics, but they use an electromagnetic field to heat the metal containers that you place on them. That is, while its structure remains cold, the pots, pans and saucepans will be hot. Therefore, if what you want is to make a change to a kitchen with induction plates, surely you must be wondering what your benefits would be.
Some advantages of induction cookers
- Reduction of energy consumption: Most of the models have a timer and a thermal control that will serve as an assistant to manage the food that you are cooking, which will help to ensure that they do not overcook and do not spend excess energy, allowing you to save up to 30% in electricity.
- Minimization of accidents in the kitchen: This is due to the fact that the structure of the induction hob does not heat up, but rather emits an electromagnetic field that only provides heat to the kitchen utensils. In addition, some models have anti-children insurance.
- Automated system: Some models have good technology, which will help you have an automatic system or a type of assistant that will control the temperature of the food, the heat of the pans, the time and the boiling point of the liquids, allowing you to cook with much more tranquility and efficiency.
Therefore, if you intend to make a change in your kitchen, induction hobs will help you reduce consumption, prepare food at the correct temperature, so with the recommendations that we mentioned above, you will be able to decide which is the best hob. price-quality induction cooker that is capable of meeting your expectations.
If you are looking for a kitchen that allows you to cook food intelligently, safely and at a low energy cost, kitchens that have induction plates are a good alternative, since, as we mentioned in their advantages above, they will allow you to avoid splashes, burnt, raw foods and control their internal heat.
Also, if you have a gas connection at home and you don’t want to make a lot of changes, you can buy a model that has hybrid technology with a ceramic hob and use that same pipe, which will help you significantly reduce the consumption of natural gas or butane.
Therefore, it is best that you evaluate your needs and based on these you can decide whether to opt for a type of stove that we discussed or keep the same kitchen you already had.