In the 90s dance music stood out a lot, thanks to genres such as disco, house and eurodance, as well as various fusions that included elements of electronic music. Some of the biggest bands of the time were Ace of Base, Corona, Spice Girls, Eiffel 65 and Deee-Lite.
In the 90’s there were great soloists and musical bands, especially those artists or groups that made party songs. Therefore, we have prepared a list with the greatest hits of the 90s, so that you remember or know about this important decade in history.
- “All That She Wants” by Ace of Base (1992)
- “Groove is in the heart” by Deee-Lite (1990)
- “The Rhythm of the Night” by Corona (1993)
- “Missing” from Everything But The Girl (1994)
- “What is love?” from Haddaway (1993)
- Spice Girls “Wannabe” (1996)
- “Blue (da ba dee)” from Eiffel 65 (1999)
- “Don’t stop (Wiggle Wiggle)” by The Outhere Brothers (1994)
- “Maria” by Ricky Martin (1995)
- “Hey Girl Hey Boy” by The Chemical Brothers (1999)
- Daft Punk’s “Around the World” (1997)
- “3 am eternal” by The KLF (1991)
- “Because the night” by Coro feat Taleesa (1992)
- Michael Jackson’s “Black Or White”
- “Rhythm is a dancer” by Snap! (1992)
- “The Shark” from Project One (1995)
- Mc Hammer’s “U Can’t Touch This” (1990)
- “Baby One More Time” by Britney Spears (1998)
- “Untie me” by Mónica Naranjo (1997)
- Whigfield’s “Saturday Night” (1993)
- “Salome” by Chayanne (1998)
- Robert Miles’s “Children” (1995)
- “Boom Boom Boom” by Vengaboys (1998)
- Scatman’s World by Scatman John (1995)
- “Rhythm divine” by Enrique Iglesias (1999)
- Rednex’s “Cotton Eye Joe” (1995)
- “Dancing” by Paradisio (1997)
- “Livin’ the crazy life” by Ricky Martin (1999)
- Chumbawamba’s “Tubthumping” (1997)
- “Be my lover” by La Bouche (1995)
- Coolio’s Gangsta’s Paradise (1995)
- “Equator” by Sash! (1997)
- “The flying cat” from El chombo (1999)
- Fingers’ “Short Dick Man” (1995)
- “Love Sees No Colour” by U96 (1993)
- Aqua’s “Barbie Girl” (1997)
- “Everybody’s free (to feel good)” by Rozzalla (1991)
- “Come into my life” by Gala (1997)
- Beastie Boys’ “Intergalactic” (1998)
- Cher’s “Believe” (1998)
- “It feels so good” by Sonique (1998)
- “Get up (before the night is over)” by Technotronic (1990)
- “Sing It Back” by Moloko (1998)
- “Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)” by Backstreet Boys (1997)
- “Ready Or Not” by The Fugges (1996)
- “Mambo Number 5” by Lou Bega (1999)
- “Ice Ice Baby” by Vanilla Ice (1990)
- “Please don’t go” by Double You (1992)
- Bomfunk MC’s “Freestyler” (1999)
- ATB’s “9 PM (Till I Eat)” (1999)
As you can see, the best songs of the 90s are very varied regarding musical genres , but in many of them you can see bass lines and disco percussion. Likewise, it is possible to notice a great influence of dance and hip hop. However, there are some exceptions, with very different styles, for example merenguetón, a fusion between merengue and reggaetón.
Best singers of the 90s
Just as great groups appeared in the 90s, solo singers who marked the history of music were also born. Next, we present some of the most outstanding singers.
John Paul Larkin was an American musician with a stutter who rose to the top despite his difficulty speaking. At first he started with the piano and hid behind it, because of his problem. One of his most famous songs was “Scatman’s world”, which belongs to the eurodance genre.
Among the music of the 90s, Whigfield stands out. Her real name is Sannie Charlotte Carlson , a Danish actress, model, producer and singer. The song “Saturday Night” was the most famous of this artist, although apparently she was not the one who sang live, the voice that she sounded was Annerley Gordon.
3. Monica Naranjo
This Spanish singer and presenter came to win a diamond disc, thanks to her second album “Palabra de Mujer”, which sold more than two and a half million copies. If you are looking for good music from the 90s in Spanish, listen to her famous song “Desátame”.
4. Enrique Iglesias
Enrique is a Spanish artist who not only stood out in the music of the 90s, but at that time he surprised the world with his album “Enrique”, which had several successful singles, among them, “Bailamos”, “Be With You” and “Rhythm Divine”. In the United States alone it has sold more than 20 million copies.
The best of the 90s was made up of artists like Sonique (Sonia Marina Clarke), who is a British singer and DJ who achieved her greatest success starting her career as a solo artist. In 1998 she released “It Feels So Good”, which was one of her biggest hits, selling over seven hundred thousand copies. She too, she got a lot of fame with “Can’t Make Up My Mind”, “I Put a Spell on You” and “Sky”.
His real name is Enrique José Martín Morales and he has both Puerto Rican and Spanish nationality. Starting in 1991, he launched himself as a solo singer, after being part of the group Menudo. Ricky Martin has recorded 9 studio albums, of which he has sold more than 60 million copies. “La copa de la vida”, “Livin’ la Vida Loca” and “María” were his best hits of the 90s.
We hope that these great songs from the 90s will make you dance while you remember this beautiful decade. In addition, we recommend that you purchase a karaoke speaker with an equalization system, as this way you will be able to hear each song better, adjusting the frequencies according to your preferences.